Welcome To The Ross Family & Friends 50/50!
Ticket sales for the 50/50 summer series have now closed. Thanks to all of the Ross Family and Friends who are taking part!
Here’s How It Works
In this 50/50 fundraiser, half of the funds are presented to the draw winner, and the other half supports hospital needs through annual donations to the Ross Memorial Hospital Foundation.
In this 50/50 series, 1000 tickets were available for purchase. Draws will take place every two weeks for a total of 6 draws.
The potential prize for these draws is $2,500.00 per draw, if all tickets were sold!
Tickets are available for purchase from June 27 to July 28, 2022. You must be an Ontario resident over the age of 18 to purchase a ticket.
The 50/50 tickets cost $5 per ticket per draw. The cost to buy one ticket for the entire series is $30. You may buy up to ten tickets, payable in advance for all six draws. The first draw takes place August 3, 2022.
Disclaimer: Tickets will not be issued to any attempted purchases by ineligible individuals, including those under 18 years or those living outside of Ontario. In these cases, purchases will be refunded. Please read Rules and Regulations below.
When you sign up, you’ll be asked to provide your email address, and your tickets will be emailed to you. You may also provide a mailing address to receive your tickets.
What if I Win?
During each 50/50 series, a draw will take place every two weeks. If you are one of the lucky 50/50 draw winners, a member of the RMH Auxiliary 50/50 Raffle Committee will contact you to arrange the delivery of your winnings. We would also love to get a picture to celebrate with the rest of our Ross Family & Friends.
At the end of each series, we will announce the details and dates of the next series. Check this page for updates.
Draw dates for the Sixth 50/50 Series
- August 3, 2022
- August 17, 2022
- August 31, 2022
- September 14, 2022
- September 28, 2022
- October 12, 2022
Tickets are Sold on a ‘First Come First Served’ Basis
Rules and Regulations (Lottery License M850103)
- This 50/50 Draw is licensed by the City of Kawartha Lakes and is subject to regulations set by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and/or the City of Kawartha Lakes Charity Gaming Office.
- Entry is open to residents of Ontario.
- Monies are collected by the Auxiliary representatives and distributed to the Auxiliary initiative approved by the licensing authority.
- Purchase price of ticket is a minimum of $5 per draw. No participant may purchase more than 10 tickets per draw. All tickets must be purchased at the beginning of the licensed period, with the exception of cancelled tickets which may be resold.
- Only the individual purchaser’s name may appear on the ticket.
- Persons under the age of 18 years are not eligible to enter.
- Tickets may be purchased by cheque, credit or payroll deduction (RMH Staff).
- The maximum number of tickets available to be sold will be 1000. This number may be increased due to demand, before the end of the selling period.
- The licensee has designated a committee of four (4) bona fide Auxiliary members. These members are not eligible to enter the draws.
- Karen Simser, RMHA 50/50 Raffle Committee Chair 705-374-4391
- Linda Wakelin, RMHA member
- Nelia Steward, RMHA member
- Jan Morrison, RMHA member
- William Kellett, a vital member of the RMH Foundation is also ineligible, because of the nature of his involvement.
- Draws will take place bi-weekly, commencing August 3, 2022. If the draw falls on a holiday, it shall take place the next day.
- All entries are placed in an official raffle drum which is spun a minimum of ten times. At least two bona fide members in charge shall attend the draw.
- All winners will be notified by telephone and their names may be posted in the internal and external communication channels of the Ross Memorial Hospital, the RMH Auxiliary, and the RMH Foundation.
- Prizes will be paid by cheque, in person as arranged, or will be mailed.
- Winners have up to six months to claim their prizes. If after the period of six months, the prize has not been claimed, the prize shall be donated to the RMH Auxiliary initiative approved by the licensing authority.
- If a participant has a concern with the 50/50 Draw, he/she can contact the RMH Auxiliary Raffle Committee at 705-324-6111 extension 6236, email email@example.com, or call the City of Kawartha Lakes’ Charity Gaming Office.
- The liability of the licensee of this 50/50 Draw shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket.
- 50/50 Draw rules and draw dates will be printed on the Enrolment Form and posted at www.rmh.org/volunteers.
- Winners’ contact information will be shared with the licensing authority. Contact information for all other ticket purchasers may be shared with the licensing authority.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel your participation in the current series, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a cancellation form. Forms must be received 21 days before the draw date. It may take more than one draw date to cancel participation.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 705-324-6111 extension 6236.
Good Luck, everyone!